This Untouched Tanzania wilderness luxury safari experience takes you on a one-of-a-kind safari to one of Africa’s most remote areas and is perfect for all those in search of an unspoilt and hidden region. You will be at a loss for words by the amazing wildlife, as you immerse into the untouched and pristine wilderness of Katavi National Park. Famous for its sizeable flood plains, large buffalo herds and massive lion prides, Katavi is sure to take your breath away. From here it is onto Mahale Mountains National Park – undoubtedly one of Africa’s finest destinations. The secluded area has been blessed with stunning beaches and mountain forests and it is here, in the forests of the Mahale Mountains, where you will encounter some of the world’s last remaining wild chimpanzees, an incredible and unforgettable adventure.
Upon arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport you will be met by a BLiT representative and transferred by private vehicle to your hotel.
DAY 2: ARUSHA – KATAVI NATIONAL PARK
You will depart from Arusha on an early morning flight to the Chada Katavi Camp in western Tanzania. After a late lunch and some time at leisure you will join an armed guide on a walking safari around the camp. You will arrive back at the camp in time for sundowners at the campfire, followed by dinner and your overnight stay.
DAY 3– 4: KATAVI NATIONAL PARK
The following 3 days are dedicated to game viewing in the beautiful and untouched wilderness of the Katavi National Park. You will spend another 3 nights at the Chada Katavi Camp.
Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner
DAY 5: KATAVI NATIONAL PARK – MAHALE MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK
After a leisurely breakfast you will leave the Chada Katavi Camp on a light-aircraft for an approximate 1-hour flight to the Mahale Mountains National Park. From the airstrip you are taken to Lake Tanganyika, where you will board a dhow to make your way down the lake. Lunch will be served during your 90 minutes’ boat trip en-route to the Greystoke Mahale Camp. The camp is set up on an unspoilt beach overlooking Lake Tanganyika, surrounded by the forested slopes of the Mahale Mountains. Once you have arrived, you can relax and unwind, join a dhow cruise, go fishing or embark on a short forest hike.Followed by dinner and your overnight stay.
DAY 6 & 7: MAHALE MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK
The close encounters that await you over the following two days are sure to take your breath away. The awe-inspiring chimpanzee adventures begin after breakfast and an insightful briefing, during which the scouts and trackers will inform you of the whereabouts of the chimps. Still mesmerized by this powerful experience, you begin making your way back to the camp for a well-deserved lunch. In the afternoon you can either join a dhow cruise or just relax at the camp. On one of the nights you will enjoy dinner on the beach under the African stars. Followed by dinner and 2 overnight stay.
DAY 8: MAHALE MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK – ARUSHA
Today you have the option of having a cup of coffee on a kayak in the middle of the lake or enjoying a leisurely breakfast at the camp. Later you will board the dhow for your trip back to the airstrip. From here the light-aircraft will take you to Arusha, from where you will continue your homebound journey.
Package Price Includes:
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure
- V.I.P Arrival lounge
- Accommodation and meals (as specified in the itinerary). In all Inclusive accommodations drinks (house wines, local beers, soft drinks etc.) are included.
- Unlimited pure drinking water throughout the safari
- Services of a highly professional and trained safari guide
- Transportation by FWD vehicle equipped with roof hatch, VHF radio, and GSM contact with our base in Arusha
- National Park entry fees
- Domestic Flights/Charters from and to your next destination
- Medical Evacuation Insurance (covers Emergency Ground Flying Doctors)
- All government taxes VAT inclusive.
Package Price excludes:
- International airfare and related costs such as personal travel insurance, visas, and vaccinations.
- Any increase in government taxes that occur prior to the start of your trip;
- Cost of any client-requested itinerary modifications while the safari is in progress.
- Gratuity for your guides (at your discretion)