Be among just 24 guests at this romantic, private hideaway, where ten beachside bandas overlook the Mnemba atoll (a scuba diver’s delight).
From snorkelling, swimming and kayaking, to massages on the beach, to doing nothing at all, Mnemba has something for everyone.
If you have ever harboured the secret wish of finding yourself the sole inhabitant of a beautiful tropical island, but without the effort of having to lift a finger to fend for yourself, Mnemba Island is just the place for you! Discover sheer, unpretentious paradise on this private island, where the simple pleasures become your most treasured of memories for many years to come. Relax and unwind in the exclusivity of your own stretch of beachfront, where simple yet luxurious bandas peep out onto unblemished sands from the dappled shade of the casuarina pine forest.
Mnemba Island Amenities
- Private island getaway
- Barefoot luxury
- PADI dive school
- Variety of dive sites and easy availability of boats
- Ideal for swimming and snorkeling
- Beautiful beach walks
- Ideal for romance and relaxation
- House reef can be reached without a boat
Mnemba Island is reached by a 90-minute drive from Stone Town through the lush spice plantations that cover main Zanzibar Island. Guests wade knee-deep in the balmy ocean waters to board a waiting boat for a 20-minute crossing to a warm island reception.
Thatched dining and sitting or bar areas boast beautiful open views of the beach and spectacular vistas of Zanzibar beyond. Baskets of fresh fruit, fish, lobsters, crabs and prawns sail into Mnemba daily on traditional ngalawa outriggers. Lunch is often served on large wooden carved Zanzibari platters heaped with delicious mezze. Romantic candlelit dinners are served on the beach, with the waves lapping gently at guests’ feet. Private beach picnics delight newlyweds and not-so-newlyweds alike.
Underwater enthusiasts can take advantage of the island’s PADI dive school, which offers incredible snorkelling and various scuba diving excursions.
This morning transfersto Sheikh AmanAbaidKarume International Airport for your onward flight to the Serengeti departing at 0800, flying time is approximately 1.5 hour. Upon arrival you will be met by a BLiT team with hot and welcoming breakfast which will give you energy for couple of hours en route game drive before heading at your hotel for lunch.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Today you may choose to either partake in a full day game drive into the heart of the Serengeti with a picnic lunch or remain close to camp with morning and afternoon game drives.
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
After breakfast, transfer with packed lunch box to the airstrip for your light aircraft flight to Manyara. Our team will meet you at the airstrip and After over a couple hours of dusty driving Southwest of Karatu and the Ngorongoro Crater, one arrives at the Northern shore of Lake Eyasi. The scenery of Lake Eyasi differs dramatically to that of the surrounding areas. Compared to the Serengeti and Zanzibar Island this area seems downright tropical. Palm trees border the lake and make homes for birds such as Fischer’s lovebird. Other trees in this area include the umbrella thorn acacia and sand paper bush.
Upon arrival check in to the hotel then rest for couple of hours after bumpy and dusty African road drive, later you may decide to go to the Lake Eyasi for short walk and enjoying African sunset at the lake.
Today you start your day early drive around 25km from your hotel at Lake Eyasi to the hiding caves of Hadzabe Bushmen deep in the bush. A visit with the Bushmen is worthwhile and they will graciously show you where and how they live and hunt. They subsist entirely off the bush and by bow hunting. Everything they use is made from local materials, including their bows which are strung with giraffe tendon and their arrows which are coated in lethal poison. Their language resembles that of Kalahari Bushmen tribe (who were featured in the 1980 film ‘The Gods Must Be Crazy’) with clicking noises used. You will spend couple of hours with Hadzabe learning how to survive with no food and how to grow with no medicine and off cause how to speak their click sound language.
After Hadzabe visit you will pass by Datoga villages for spending couple of hour at the traditional living families of Datoga community. You will get to learn their interesting culture and engage yourself in their daily life routine; Off cause you will be accompanied with local guide from the same tribe who speak English and local tribe language.
Enjoy a leisurely morning relaxing at the hotel before transferring to the Manyara airstrip for your light aircraft flight to Kilimanjaro via Arusha. Upon arrival at Kilimanjaro connect with your onward flight.
Package Price Includes:
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure
- V.I.P Arrival lounge
- Accommodation and meals (as specified in the itinerary). In all Inclusive accommodations drinks (house wines, local beers, soft drinks etc.) are included.
- Unlimited pure drinking water throughout the safari
- Services of a highly professional and trained safari guide
- Transportation by FWD vehicle equipped with roof hatch, VHF radio, and GSM contact with our base in Arusha
- National Park entry fees
- Domestic Flights/Charters from and to your next destination
- Hadzabe And Datoga Village Visit
- Medical Evacuation Insurance (covers Emergency Ground Flying Doctors)
- All government taxes VAT inclusive.
- FourNights’ Accommodation In A One-Bedroom Villa On Full Board Basis (Daily Breakfast, Lunch And Dinner Plus Beverages Which Include House Wines, Well Spirits And Local Beers).
Package Price excludes:
- International airfare and related costs such as personal travel insurance, visas, and vaccinations.
- Any increase in government taxes that occur prior to the start of your trip;
- Cost of any client-requested itinerary modifications while the safari is in progress.
- Gratuity for your guides (at your discretion)